Sunday, August 5, 2007

PHP with IIS error: The page cannot be found

Recently, I mangled up my IIS's wwwrooot directory. So I had to create a new one.

Today, I need to install Joomla, one of popular PHP CMS applications. But when I copied the package to my new wwwroot and browse to http://localhost/GearGame ("GearGame" is my project's name) the web server return me the 404 error. I am running PHP 4.40 with IIS 5.1 on Windows XP.



After some experiments, I found that I cannot run any PHP file. So I consult the PHP's readme file and found these lines:

The following steps are optional:

* Edit your new php.ini file. If you plan to use OmniHTTPd, do not
follow the next step. Set the doc_root to point to your web
servers document_root. For example:

doc_root = c:\inetpub\wwwroot // for IIS/PWS

doc_root = c:\apache\htdocs // for Apache

Then, I browse to my php.ini file located at C:\Windows\php.ini and edit the doc_root to my new wwwroot.

; The root of the PHP pages, used only if nonempty.
; if PHP was not compiled with FORCE_REDIRECT, you SHOULD set doc_root
; if you are running php as a CGI under any web server (other than IIS)
; see documentation for security issues. The alternate is to use the
; cgi.force_redirect configuration below
doc_root = C:\wroot

I finally refresh the page, I can setup my Joomla now.

No comments: