Sunday, August 5, 2007

Unwritable session save path in Joomla setup

I found a good fix at http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=12800 by Yohan. Thanks :)

My environment is PHP 4.40 with IIS 5.1 on Windows XP. First, I created new directory and named it sessionsave at C:\php\sessionsave. After that, I changed this directory permission to enable the IUSR_machinename to have full control over it.




Note: If you cannot find Security tab in your Windows XP system. You can enable it by go to the Tools -> Folder Options ... -> View -> remove the tick in front of "Use simple file sharing". Windows Server family enable this by default.

Finally, I edited my php.ini file. Back to the setup, Joomla can now write to the session save path.

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
; As of PHP 4.0.1, you can define the path as:
session.save_path = "C:\php\sessionsave\"

3 comments:

rchatsiri said...

มาใช้ drupal ด้วยกันม่ะครับ แฮ่ๆ

Unknown said...

My friend and I thought making template for Joomla is easier. We actually tried Drupal and had a problem building our template.

I will try Drupal next time if I have a chance. Thanks for suggestion ^ ^

Hushmail Customer Service said...

Despite so many features, sometimes Hushmail fails to face all the challenges. If you too are facing any technical problems, just call at Hushmail Customer Service Number and get 24*7 help and assistance at affordable prices. Whether the issues are with personal or business use, simply contact us and get connected with us on a single call. We aim to achieve a First Call Resolution with our comprehensive technical services. As we don’t compromise on our work hence, you can avail 24×7 online technical support without any delay.