Friday, December 14, 2007

Uninstalled Netbeans 5.5.1 from my Ubuntu

It is not because I do not like Netbeans or something like that. But it is because I got the brand new Netbeans 6.0 IDE installed on my computer. So I think it is OK to uninstall the old version now :)

You can get Netbeans 6.0 IDE here!


Different versions of Netbeans IDE actually can coexist without any conflict. Unfortunately, my HDD space of Ubuntu partition is very limited (at 6 GB). So I need to keep only the programs I actually use.

Uninstalling program from Ubuntu Linux is done differently from Windows. I installed the Netbeans IDE using the Package Manager. But I cannot find a way to uninstall the program using it. So I checked Application->Add/Remove... but still got no luck. So I finally browsed to Netbeans 5.5.1 folder located at /home/m3rlinez/netbeans-5.5.1/_uninst/ and found an uninstall script (uninstaller.sh). I double clicked on it and selected Run in Terminal. Then, the nice GUI popped up and I uninstalled Netbeans.



After my experience from using the latest release of Ubuntu (7.10). I think Ubuntu is now ready for many computer geeks and Java developers. But it may not be ready my mom :( The team has to get more works done.

No comments: